Re: Extracting size of TIFF image

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 08:36 am, andrewsc1j1 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm completely new to this, don't know GIMP or script-fu at all!!
> I'm looking for a way to extract, in batch, the size of TIFF
> images. i.e. from a list of files, open each file, read image size,
> write result to log file. Is this at all possible with GIMP +
> script-fu?
>
> Thanks for any advice, maybe there's some other way that someone
> here knows of?

Yes, there  s another way.
Technically youcould do taht with the GIMP and script-fu.
In pratice, by using this way, you have at ;east to open each iomage,
load int into memory, etc...

There is a program called "identify" which is part of the ImageMagick
package of command line image transformation tools (totally unrelated
to the GIMP)

Just run "identify <image_name>" and you will have your data printed
out.

> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links