Re: Re: Script-fu documentation

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, lasm.rm wrote:

> --- In script-fu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Owen <rcook@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > lasm.rm wrote:
> > > Any body interested ? Or is it holiday season already ?

> > I was unable to install (or get to work) on Ubuntu-5.10
> >
> > It is a java program which makes it ideal crosss platform tool,
> but like
> > so many java things, can't get them to work on linux, which is
> probably
> > a reflection of my inability to install it correctly
> >

> > I have kdissert but it has its own extension and probably just
> linux.
> > same with Vym
>
>   Yeah, i haven't got any java apps installed for my ubuntu also,
> maybe someone who has done it can share some pointers ? There should
> be a debian package that will install jre 1.4 ?
>
>   anyway, i have dual boot on my machine, and since i've more fonts
> on doz than on nix, i figure free-mind would look better on doz, so
> i choose to install the windows version..

OK,

Well I finally installed mindmap and it is all up and working. It wasn't
easy and will go back and see what I had to do to get it installed.

Basically what I did was

Attempted to install mindmap using the dpkg system

This produced the missing dependencaies

Entered "Ubuntu install blah blah" into google

Surprise surprise, someone had been there and done that.

Continued this procedure till it was all done.

A good few hours of downloading, reading and installing

Owen

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM