Re: Script-fu documentation

--- In script-fu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Knut Berg <knut@xxxx> wrote:

> Søndag 18 desember 2005 17:36, skrev lasm.rm:
> > Any body interested ? Or is it holiday season already ?
>
> It could have something to do with the fact that this group
adresses it self
> to beginners in script-fu.  Personally I  miss  documentation with
good
> examples (!) and regretfully I can't contribute to make it 'cause
of my lack
> of skills.  I did download FreeMind, though :)

  i thought it was a fun project to do.. whether beginner or not,
there are many links here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/script-
fu/links from which you can get description of scheme syntax, just
need to match those with the subset of the script-fu manual.. play
with Free Mind, and then draw the diagram !!

  BTW, if you have downloaded FreeMind, you can open the
conditiona_branching.mm file example to see how it is being done..
Not that difficult to do, if you spend some time learning how to use
Free Mind first.. ;-)

  After getting familiar with Free Mind, you can create one file
for each command, e.g. one diagram for append, one for apropos, one
for apply etc.. Each diagram show the color-coded syntax and perhaps
some example code as well..

  When we have all the syntax, these files can be hyper-linked from
the script-fu manual, so that clicking on the apply in the manual,
for e.g. it will open up either a jpg image, or another html page
which details the syntax in color, and some example code..

  Anyway we'll keep this open to see if someone would like to do it,
really it's quite fun, not to mention you'll learn a lot about Scheme
while you're doing the documentation !!

lasm

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM