Re: calling a plug-in from a script

--- In script-fu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "michaelhoelzende"
<MichaelHoelzen@xxxx> wrote:

> --- In script-fu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lasm.rm" <lasm@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > --- In script-fu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "michaelhoelzende"
> > <MichaelHoelzen@xxxx> wrote:
> > > in my script i call the plug-in with a kind of dummy-values
because
> > > the widget has constants and the user can change them. so the
> > values
> > > of the parameters are not important at that time.
> > > but how can i preserve these constants or the user put-in
values
> > for
> > > the next calls if running the plug-in NONINTERACTIVE? the plug-
in
> > > would take the dummy-values of my script, wouldn't it?
> > >

> >   Calling it with INTERACTIVE would preserve the last used
> > parameters, but in NONINTERACTIVE mode, it won't work.. ASAIK.
> >
> >   BTW, the script-fu "manual" has been made into a html
document,
> > thanks to Tim for the superb effort to put up a nice web page..
> > check it out here http://lasmz.sourceforge.net/
> >
> >   Any corrections/additions/comments to the manual please post
here..

> > re,
> > lasm
> >

> Thanks for the manual!
>

> Cheers
>
> Michael

Hi,

   i've been playing around with the free-mind tool at Source Forge,
and i find it quite interesting.. You can actually use it to
document, for e.g. the script-fu syntax, code examples.. etc.

   There's an example picture uploaded to Photos, it's the same one
you can see at the Gimp FX Effects home page.

   What i find most incredible is that they have made the source a
text format !! It can be used to generate html output, pdf, png, jpg
etc.. and the links can be converted to html links..

   That means it is very simple to start a project to document the
script-fu manual with hyper links.. just need to create it in mind-
map, then output to html or png.. Furthermore this work can be
shared amongst many people !!

   Free-mind can be downloaded at
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

   Check it out !! I'm putting up more mind map at the FX site too..

re,
lasm
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/sitenews/comments/6102/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM