Re: calling a procedure for parameter entry from a procedure

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 11:31 am, michaelhoelzende wrote:
> Hello,
> i've tried countless variations, but the important part doesn't
> work. i call a procedure two from a procedure one if a condition is
> true. the second procedure's only purpose is to let the user enter
> data. if the condition evaluated in procedure one is not true
> the user shall not enter any data.
> the calling of the procedure works.
> (for testing purposes i've put a "gimp-brushes-refresh" into it
> so i can see the brushes window flash)
>
> but never (in words: NEVER) the window for entering data pops up.
> if i run the to be called procedure as standalone, it works.
>
> So please, can anybody help?
>
> (i don't know, if i may put the scm into the files section so one
> can see it)
>

> thanks in advance
>
> Michael

It won't work.

There is an implicit parameter when a GIMP procedure is called which
is "interactive" or "non intereactive".

when you call a procedure from inside a script (or a plug-in in other
language), it is considered to be a non-interactive call. Thus, no
interface is displayed for the called procedure.

The work around for it in other langauges would be to hand-draw the
needed interactive interface in GTK+. I don't know if it is even
possible in script-fu.

	JS
	-><-

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM