Re: importing text file in batch mode

David Kotchen wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to import the contents of a text
> file as a text layer while running a script in batch mode? (I know it
> is possible to do this interactively from the GUI, but I have not seen
> a way to do it from a script in batch mode.) Thanks!

In older copies of GIMP this was handled via the "Ascii To Image"
(asc2img.scm) script. However, Sven Neumann removed it from the source tree on
December 12, 2004 stating it was "... beyond repair and the functionality is
provided by the text tool itself."

I have not found any directly callable PDB equivalent to the feature of the
text tool which allows you to use the content of a file. The only option would
be to repair the old "unrepairable" script.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM