Re: Installing RHEL4 to a VM guest

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 15:15 -0800, warrentaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've managed to get the IPL the kernel in a VM guest and can telnet
> into the installation program from a linux workstation but I can only
> get so far as selecting an installation type.
>
> My choices are NFS, FTP, HTTP, or DASD.
>
> I've got the .iso images on CDs but my problem is now how to get them
> onto the vm guest (now running the install program).

Hi Warren,

My info comes from here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/s390-multi-install-guide/s1-steps-network-installs.html#S2-STEPS-NETWORK-INSTALL-ISO

Basically, you will need to set up a remote "Installation Server" that
provides the ISO images via NFS, FTP or HTTP ... then, when you IPL your
VM guest, you will point it to the Installation Server, then the
installer will be able to start the installation process ...

HTH,

Brock