From: Kenneth Illingsworth [mailto:ILLINGSK@cityofrochester.gov]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:00 AM
To: redhat-s390-list@redhat.com
Subject:  Install PHP with MySQL

I recently installed the following RPM's:

MySQL-3.23.41-1a.s390.rpm
MySQL-devel-3.23.41-1a.s390.rpm
MySQLclient9-3.23-22-6a.s390.rpm
MySQL-server-3.23.41-1a.s390.rpm

Afterwards, I was able to start the mysqld daemon ok and install an
application I downloaded for a demonstration of the viability of the Linux
VM on s390 platform. The application url is http://epayroll.sourceforge.net/
and it required mysql v3,22x or higher, Apache running as a webserver, and
PHP v4.0.2 or higher (mine is v4.0.6). However, when I finally attempted to
log into this application, I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/eps/datacon.php on line 14

I contacted the author of this application who suggested that I reinstall
PHP with the mysql option enabled. Towards that end, I downloaded and
installed the php-mysql-4.0.6-15.s390.rpm file. Unfortunately I got the same
error. I am somewhat certain that the author of this application was on the
right track.

Would anyone on this forum care to offer me any direction on this matter?

Thank you in advance for your time.