From: Nix, Robert P. [mailto:Nix.Robert@mayo.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 3:21 PM
To: 'redhat-s390-list@redhat.com'
Subject: [Redhat-s390-list] S390 installation via FTP...

I'm trying to install RedHat Linux in a 9672 IFL, and select the FTP option.
I enter ftp.redhat.com and the path /pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/os/s390, but
when I click OK, I get a connection failure.

I can ping my new system from other places in my network, and I can get to
the redhat ftp site from other places in my network, but I can't get to it
from within the install, and I can't check it any other way, because the FTP
software isn't on the install image.

My question: Where to go from here??

----
Robert P. Nix                            internet: nix.robert@mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic                                  phone: 507-284-0844
200 1st St. SW                             page: 507-255-3450
Rochester, MN 55905
----
"In theory, theory and practice are the same,
 but in practice, theory and practice are different."