[Redhat-s390-list] RedHat 7.1 s390x execution problem (solved)

Mark,
      thanks for the response, the mount information in /etc/fstab confirms
that the filesystem is mounted with default permission's.  Willem
Konynenberg contacted me offline and suggested running ldd against an
executable in the filesystem. This didn't help directly as the response was
"not a dynamic executable", however this prompted me to run ldd against the
same executable mounted from a SuSE s390x system, which did display a
handful of libraries, so I check those libraries on the RedHat system and
sure enough /usr/lib/s390/lib had permissions set to 700 rather than 755,
(occurred when setting-up /usr/lib/s390/usr/X11R6/lib I think) that
resolved the problem, though it's curios that ldd still returns "not a
dynamic executable".

John P Taylor

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]