Re: [Redhat-s390-list] install rh on s390

I think that the best way is to run SuSE in one VM and use it
as an FTP or HTTP server with the install tree for another VM.
I assure you, that it is doable just by reading README and
RELEASE-NOTES (I did it when I started with s390).

Disc-to-disk installs are somewhat more difficult. For one
thing, "HD" install requires ISO images (in 7.2), but we do
NOT provide ISOs for download for s390, only trees! The decision
to discard trees support had its merit, but it did not take
s390 into account. There are others hoops you have to jump
to make it working. Also, since it's harder, nobody does it,
so nobody tests it (besides our QA), and it may be buggy.
I suggest sticking with a separate VM and FTP.

[Everything in this message may be wrong. Get clarification
from Florian.]

-- Pete

> To: redhat-s390-list@redhat.com
> From: "Simon Tischer" <S.Tischer@de.ibm.com>
> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:36:42 +0100

> i want to install redhat on s390.
> i have a running suse linux installation.
> my question is:
> how can i install redhat? when using suse? (is this possible?)
> i want to install redhat as a basic (native) system
> thanks for every help

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]