Re: [Redhat-s390-list] cpint and hcp

> > I see that s390utils-20011109-7 comes with an /usr/sbin/hcp which is good,
> > but I cannot find who is going to give me the kernel module for that.

> Should be part of newer kernels, but no official updates are available
> yet.

For my education, does this mean the source for the cpint driver must go in
the kernel source tree as well, or do you build the kernel rpm from the kernel
source plus all kind of add-on things?
When I packaged cpint for our systems internally, I borrowed a major number
and created my own cpint-2.2.16-1.s390.rpm that required the 2.2.16 kernel,
and anticipated to make a new one for the next kernel. That one also created
the /dev/cpcmd node, and updated the /etc/modules.conf to automatically load
the module. That proved practical, but is it bad practice ?

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]