[Redhat-s390-list] RC2 beta iucv problem

Hello, all.

I just installed Red Hat's RC2 beta for s390 under VM. The installation
process went smoothly enough, and I appeared to have a fully functional
virtual machine. I had assumed that the Anaconda install would have
configured my IUCV connection (my only connection to the image other than
my console) but it does not appear to be so.

I made  a ifcfg-iucv0 entry in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts,
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices and
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default. This entry was modeled after
eth0 entries on a desktop RedHat box that I use.

During a reboot, I noticed that the "Bringing up interface iucv0" line was
marked as "ok" and an lsmod showed that netiucv was running, though unused.
I added the line "alias iucv0 netiucv" to modules.conf, but it had no
effect.

I know that I'm probably missing something obvious, but I just can't see
it. I'm not all that familiar with Red Hat's network config and I'm stuck
in my emulated console in line mode, so "setup" or other graphical config
tools are no use. I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]