RE: [Redhat-s390-list] No LCS module found after following READMEinstructions

>If you do an insmod -f /lib/lcs.o, you should be able to >get it to load.
It
>will still complain (as I recall), but it should load.     >(An lsmod
command
>will show you if it did or not.)  The reason why it >complains is because
of
>Red Hat's kernel naming convention.  Not being satisfied >with labeling
their
>kernel "2.4.7" they instead name it "2.4.7-6.1BOOT."  I >would not expect
IBM
>to create an lcs.o module with that label inside it.  Ever.

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm still running into problems.
I begin loading the CD from the hardware management console and get the
usual error messages:

" /lib/lcs.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.7 while    this kernel is
version 2.4.7-6.1BOOT
  /lib/lcs.o unresolved symbol tasklet_hi_schedule "

If I attempt to insmod /lib/lcs.o without the force switch, I only get the
kernel version mismatch error.
When I use the insmod -f /lib/lcs.o command, I get the kernel message, as
well as the unresolved symbol error. So I would guess that there must be
some incompatibility beyond naming conventions.

Any ideas out there?

Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]