Re: [Redhat-s390-list] OSA/OSA-E Drivers in Red Hat Linux/390

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:45:29PM -0500, KROGULECKI_JOHN_M@Lilly.com wrote:

> Thank you very much Mark and Karsten. You are my heroes.
>
> Unfortunately, my newbie status remains unchanged.

John,

Hopefully this is about to change....

> I booted RH Linux on my Intel box and tried the loopback mount. IIRC I
> received error:
>
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
>        or too many mounted file systems

Follow the following modified procedure:

> > - mount the initrd.img it over loopback:
> >
> >   mkdir initrd

# cp initrd to current / temporary directory
cp /where/it/is/initrd.img .
# gunzip the image
mv initrd.img initrd.img.gz
gunzip initrd.img.gz

> >   mount -t ext2 -o loop initrd.img initrd

# you can now do what you have to do in the initrd subdirectory.

> > copy the OCO modules in the lib directory of the initrd:
> >
> >   cp lcs*o qdio.o qeth.o initrd/lib   # Make sure that you copy the
> >                                       # 2.4.5 OCO modules !
> >
> > umount the loppback initrd:
> >
> >   umount initrd

# re-gzip image
gzip initrd.img
mv initrd.img.gz initrd.img
# you now have your shiny new initrd.img   ;-)

I am guessing that your problem is because the initrd.img is compressed
w/ gzip. I hope this helps! :-)

DS..

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]