RE: [Redhat-s390-list] latest build

I finally got it working...it appears that everything has to be just right...I
decided to connect to another virtual machine running tcpip instead of linux
(but I'm sure it will work going directly to linux now that i've got my "ducks
in a row)...

first thing you want to check is that you can nfs mount the directory on another
active unix system and be able to write to it...if you can mount, but can't
write, you're hosed (check the readme for syntax for the server)...Also, make
sure that you
have complete network connectivity to the nfs server (i used the other end of
the ctc to make it easier)...no connectivity, and you're hosed...

Unfortunately, there's no real way to debug this issue until they allow you to
drop to a command prompt before configuring the network interfaces...xinetd is
one of the last things to run, so if you get connectivity (which i have), the
mount has to be successful before continuing on...

Hope this helps...

BTW, i noticed i had to dasdfmt my dasd manually...the install didn't do it
correctly (at least i was getting a lot of errors on the console)...

--
Todd Blevins