Re: [Redhat-s390-list] Problems with ifup

>If I interpret the error message correctly, your kernel has problems allocating
>memory to get this kernel syscall done.
>
>The question for me is: Is this not happening if you use a stock gcc 2.95.2
>compiler instead of the 2.95.3 we have used as a compiler? Or are other
>things in your setup screwed at the moment?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Florian La Roche

This problem also occurred (rarely) on the first beta (which had the 2.95.2
compiler I believe).

There are indeed some other things screwed up. I cannot get AFS 1.0.3 to
run reliably after completely recompiling it for the new beta. It works
fairly well on the previous beta, but the AFS kernel module now seems to
hang at random places when I start it up. I'm tracking this problem down,
but so far, it seems to be in the memory allocator (or its mutex) - I can't
tell which it is because the debugging method I've been using (printk)
changes the behavior so I'm going to have to use other tools. This
is what I've been testing which causes me to have to hard reset the system
so frequently (and thus induces the ifup problem).

Mike Durket

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]