Re: [Redhat-s390-list] Redhat Linux install

Florian La Roche wrote:

> Send me patches, if I should put these changes into the next version.

There is a subtle difference between repair and fix, I think. I know
enough of vi to change tests for 'eth' into 'tr' but my bash skills
are not good enough to code it such that it works in both cases.
There were a bunch of cases where the mount explicitly had '-t nfs'
and I believe it would be good enough to take that out and allow for
both.

My impression was that you're still going to do something about the
installer and that I were to dig into this nfsroot stuff it would just
be a waste of time. If you say this is as good as it will get then I
would need to look at it differently.
Would it be an acceptable option to require a RedHat Linux PC for
the install on S/390? You could then use the installer on the PC to do
a kind of remote install where you mainly have a helper application on
S/390 during install.

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]