Re: [Redhat-s390-list] ICKSDF bootstrap

Florian Laroche wrote:

> Can you please send in a URL to this list? Then we can look into
> adding it for future releases.

  http://pucc.princeton.edu/~rvdheij/linuxipl.html

I'm talking to a few people off-line to see if they can test it
before I publish it on the list. So far it looks like this is easy
enough for OS/390 people. If so that would mean we do not need the
support for tape anymore. This bootstrap works similar to what the
*.boot files in /boot do, in that they ignore the built-in bootstrap
record that is selected by the CONFIG_IPL setting.

IMHO this means that we would only need a single kernel (with the VM
built-in bootstrap because the ICKDSF method is tedious on VM).

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]