Re: kernel-rt: mm/memcg: refill_obj_stock() is being called from IRQ context

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 06:19:10PM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2023-04-28 11:42:25 [-0300], Luis Claudio R. Goncalves wrote:
> > Sebastian et al,
> Hi,
>
> > I am reporting this here, at first, to confirm if there is an obvious solution
> > for the problem or if it is really a problem.
> >
> > In short, refill_obj_stock() is being called from IRQ context and lockdep
> > is complaining about the local lock stock_lock probably not being enough to
> > protect the data.
>
> This has been reported before and a patch has been posted
> 	https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230425114307.36889-1-wander@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
> I don't like it but it should cure it.

Thank you! I both forgot about that thread and also missed that in my searches.

And yes, that's a solution for a different issue that fixes the problem I
reported as a side effect :)

I was torn between redoing the locking in that code or using something
similar to an old proposal from Wayman Long, where he had different
variables to account work on atomic and non-atomic contexts (which might
not be applicable here)

> Sebastian

---end quoted text---