Quick question about a v5.10-rt merge artifact

Hello!

I humbly defer to you, fellow maintainers, with an interesting question:

While merging v5.10.119 on top of v5.10-rt the new 'random' code reverted
most of

    c19a1b9dff1a random: Make it work on rt

And the remaining bits did not make too much sense in the context, so I
removed the few remaining chunks as part of the merge process.

My question is:

- As the code for 'random' now matches upstream, should I add a note to the
  merge commit stating that the commit above was reverted in the merge?
  Should I have added an extra commit to revert the remaining bits instead
  of doing that in the merge? Should I have first reverted the commit above
  and then performed the merge? Or is it OK and I am wasting time?

It is worth to note that the code with commit c19a1b9dff1a reverted
survived my usual LTP and stress-ng tests without a scratch.

Best regards,
Luis