YUM, or RPM package command to update desktop menu

Hi,

Sorry for an off topic subject, I installed an rpm package on CentOS
6.2, which requires some configuration before all items on the menu
can be seen. After configuration, if I install another package, or if
I reboot the machine, the desktop menu item would be refreshed. Is
there any command in yum or rpm which can be called to update the
desktop menu without installing another package or rebooting machine?

Thank you.