Re: Is there an OR condition for requires:?

On 07/18/2012 01:01 AM, Scott Gonyea wrote:
Shouldn't the nc RPM "provides" the netcat utility?

Probably, but not necessarily and regardless, that doesn't help answer the question. The point is that the nc RPM on RHEL does not provide "netcat". Whether it should or not and what it should be called is debatable.

I have the same problem with required the "jre" because Sun's RPMs don't give adequate provides information. The jre RPM provides "jre" and the jdk RPM provides "jdk". The jdk RPM though doesn't provide "jre" even though in reality it does include the jre. The openjdk RPMs (at least from RHEL) note that they provide "jre" and also "java", which is probably how it should be done.