Re: building rpm from zip file

impressive. I'll give it a try.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Jordan Sissel <jls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Zippy Zeppoli <zippyzeppoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi List,
I was wondering, is there a way to take a zip file that just needs to be extracted to a given directory and build the rpm based off the zip file without creating a spec file?

I saw in some documentation the use of a command as follows:

rpmbuild -tb somezip.zip

I looked in the man page but didn't see a description for -tb. Is this a valid usage?

I don't have zip support in fpm, yet, but you could do this:

% unzip foo-1.2.3.zip
% fpm -s dir -t rpm -n foo -v 1.2.3 ./

For more details: https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm

-Jordan