Warn users when RPM creates rpmnew files

Hi all,

In my spec file I have a few files declared as:

%config(noreplace) fileName

When the users run an upgrade if they have changed the file then RPM saves
the new file as .rpmnew and prints out a message: "warning: file.conf
created as file.conf.rpmnew"

I'd like to add an extra warning when this happens so I added a few echo
commands in %post but they print out every time even if the new files
haven't been saved as .rpmnew.

Is there a way for me to "see" when rpm saves files as .rpmnew and double
warn the users?

It will be great if I can even come up with the list of files that have
been saved as .rpmnew.

Thank you,

-- Peter