RE: building a package that can not be upgraded

I can think of some complex packages with very involved installation procedures where upgrading might be a problem. Other than that, no, can’t think of anything else

Michael

From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Valery Reznic
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 9:51 AM
To: General discussion about the RPM package manager
Subject: Re: building a package that can not be upgraded

I never said package that can't be updated useless, I just asked what it can be used for,

because my imagination has it's limits.

In your example - you said yourself  - one as easily can just remove package from repository.

OK, with non-upgradable package may be one will get more clear message. Good thing too.

Any other uses?

Valery.