Re: INSTALLTIME:date format

I know what Jeff says is right as well, but here is the output I was
suggesting, and it shows the same thing, and is much simpler than
reconfiguring your strftime.

[root@penguin rhel]# rpm -q cobbler --qf "%{INSTALLTIME:date}\n"
Tue 31 Jan 2012 02:43:27 PM EST
[root@penguin rhel]# LANG=c rpm -q cobbler --qf "%{INSTALLTIME:date}\n"
Tue Jan 31 14:43:27 2012

I'd check the difference of your configured LANG on the two different
sets of systems.  This affects other bits of the system, like sar's
output.  The applications utilize the locally configured language's
time format preference to present the time.

-greg