Re: upgrade from rpm 4.4 to 4.8

I found easy sollution,
my own macro file I can %include inside my spec,
Works in 4.4 and also in 4.8.

But mean time I notticed, that section %debug_package is added automaticaly to my spec in case of 4.8, but in 4.4 I have to make it by my own.
Is it expected? or I missed something in a global macros?

thanks in advance
Lukasz

Welcome all list users!

In our project we are using rpmbuild to package our software and provide it as rpm.

We are planing to upgrade from rpm 4.4 to 4.8.
To build our rpm, I'm creating custom rpmmacros which is sourced in custom rpmrc which is passed with --rcfile option.

rpmrc is like:
include: globalrcfile
macrofiles: globalmacros:myCustomMacroFile

I foundout this mechanism does not work for rpm 4.8, looks like macrofiles is ignored at all. I tried to use --macros but lot of the global macros, variables, was not prepared correctly.
My requirement is to set, overwrite some global macros, but I require mechanism which works under 4.4 and 4.8.

I tried to use --define which works fine in case of simple variables, but when I owervrite e.g %debug_package command line call is not acceptable, anyway it leads to some escaping issue.

thanks a lot for suggestions

best regards
Lukasz

--