Re: Question about LGPL license for RPM package.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Hiroyuki Iizaka <hiizaka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I want to clarify that librpmdb.so and librpmio.so are LGPL or not.

It appears that librpmdb is optionally LGPL. From the COPYING file:

Alternatively,
all of the source code in the lib subdirectory of the RPM source code
distribution as well as any code derived from that code may instead be
distributed under the GNU Library General Public License (LGPL), at the
choice of the distributor.

The rpmio source is in ./rpmio instead of ./lib, so it appears that it
would not be LGPL, but I lack any authority to state that with
certainty.

--
Ben Cotton