Re: Re: Resolving Dependencies

I did as Jos Vos said. yum myPackage.rpm without specifying any requires or .so files in my SPEC file. yum resolved those dependencies by installing the appropriate packages.

Also as a side note, yum listed that the package is not signed. So, I did yum --nogpgcheck to get rid of that. And it worked like charm.

Thanks for everyone (esp to Jos Vos). I didn't expect such a quick reply from you guys.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Marc Deop <damnshock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 14 July 2011 10:17:09 Ramin Rad wrote:
> The dependencies in RPM are only meaningful when it comes to packages
> (and virtual resources) that are in the RPM DB.

The ability to have "file dependencies" is one of the main points for rpm against other packaging systems.

As other have already said, you just need to add the whole path to the Depends:

Regards

--
Regards,
Kali