Re: Need spec files help

for more info, http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/ch08s02s03s06.html

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Calum <caluml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9 June 2011 19:34, James R Maxwell <jrmaxwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I specify this list of files in my SPEC file in a different directory
> structure (some files from dirs x & y need to get installed into directory a
> and some files from dirs y & z need to get installed into directory b)

I think I understand.

Copy the files to the buildroot in the structure you want them to
appear on the system in.
(You might want to put %clean in there to stop them getting removed
after being built.)

Then list them as below.

%files
/usr/bin/foo
/etc/foo/foo.conf

You can specify the permissions as well/

Thanks & Regards,
Soumen Trivedi
+44 (0) 751 544 6779
Email: Soumen.Trivedi@xxxxxxxxx