Re: Signing RPM packages

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Keith Roberts wrote:
...snip...
How do I create a public GPG key to allow others to download and install my Centos 5.5 packages please?

I think I might have done it now, using:

[rpmbuilder@karsites .gnupg]$ gpg --armor --export keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx > karsites-GPG-public-key-2011-03-18.asc
[rpmbuilder@karsites .gnupg]$ ls *.asc
karsites-GPG-public-key-2011-03-18.asc

Is there any particular convention for naming GPG public keys? Also does adding the public key creation date to the filename help?

I was thinking if I need to update the key later on, this would allow both the old key and the new key to exist in the user's GPG keyring database?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net