rpmbuild - can I ignore sources checking ?

Hi all:

We are using a hybrid development process in our company where we take an srpm, run it through rpmbuild –bp|-tp and then check the expanded source (ie. BUILD/<pkg>) and spec file into our source control system.  We then do development against the expanded source and will periodically then rebuild the srpm with accumulated changes.  We throw away the SOURCES directory after expanding to save some duplication.

To compile things, we then want to just be able to use rpmbuild –bc –short-circuit ...

The issue I’m running into is that it looks like rpmbuild wants to unconditionally verify the sources, even though I’m trying to skip the unpack/prep phase.  Since we don’t keep the SOURCES directory around, the sources aren’t there and rpmbuild –bc –short-circuit fails.

Is there any way to bypass thyis check?  I realize this isn’t standard practice – but it’s the method we’ld like to use if possible.

thanks

Mark