Bypassing source checks in rpmbuild -bc

Hi all:

We are using a hybrid development process in our company where we take an srpm, run it through rpmbuild âbp  and then check the prepped source (ie. BUILD/<pkg>) and spec file into our source control system.  We then do development against the expanded source and will periodically use our source control system to generate a patch from accumulated changes and regenerate the srpm.

We throw away the SOURCES directory after expanding to save checking in some duplication.

To compile things for testing/develoopment, we then want to just be able to use rpmbuild âbc âshort-circuit ...

The issue Iâm running into is that it looks like rpmbuild wants to unconditionally verify the sources, even though Iâm trying to skip the unpack/prep phase.  Since we donât keep the SOURCES directory around, the sources arenât there and rpmbuild âbc âshort-circuit fails.

Is there any way to bypass thyis check?  I realize this isnât standard practice â but itâs the method weâld like to use if possible.

thanks

Mark