Packaging a new version of a core perl module

Hi,

I want to create an RPM for the latest version of the perl threads module (1.81). I used cpanspec to auto-generate a spec file and SRPM, but when I go to build the binary RPM in mock for RHEL 5, I get an error saying the man files conflict with those that were installed by the perl-5.8.8 package.

How does one go about packaging an RPM for a newer version of a core perl module? The core modules are all included in the perl RPM, so they can't simply be replaced as with non-core modules. If the new files will conflict with the older ones, I'm not sure how to work around that.

Thanks,
m.