Re: possible to install an rpm in user space?

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 8:49 PM, David Burns <tdbtdb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I want to do is to take an rpm, and install it in my personal
> home directory without using root privileges, for my own use only. Is this
> possible? What sort of keywords should I use to find this in the
> documentation or when searching with google?

If I understand your question, you might try the --relocate option.
Not all RPMs are relocatable, though.  Another option is to unpack the
RPM using rpm2cpio [1].  There may also be other options that the
smarter people on the list can share :-)

[1] http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-miscellania-rpm2cpio.html

--
Ben Cotton