Re: source RPM "(contains no files)"

On 14 November 2006 at 23:34, Tim Mooney <mooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I did try rpm2cpio, but I didn't have the same luck with it as you Tim.
>
> Did you try the binary that was probably built as part of some rpm build you
> did, or did you try the script that Jeff has sent to this list a few
> times over the years?
>
> I used the script, and it's worked very well for me.
>
>  	rpm2cpio foo.src.rpm | cpio -idv

As you suspected, I used the rpm2cpio binary built in the same make
that built the rpm that also couldn't read the .rpm files.  My rpm to
cpio pipe looks substantially like yours; you didn't use the -c nor
-m flags.

I just did a web search for an rpm2cpio script.  Is this the one
you're referring to?

    http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/utilities-general/rpm2cpio

I tried the script on an rpm I have at home, and it worked just fine.
I don't have any of the older rpms here tho, so I'll wait
until tomorrow to test it on one of those.

There's also a Bourne shell variant and another perl script here:

http://www.fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch-extra-packaging-tools.html

Thanks for the tip about there being more than one rpm2cpio.

--
Kevin