From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dario Alcocer
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:56 PM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: Re: RPMBUILD: Help Required.

Pitchai, Sundara Rajan wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I need some help regarding rpm build for RHEL4U3.
>
> I tried to create an rpm using an rpm spec file pasted below. I
> created the rpm with the command
>
> * rpmbuild -bb --target i386 rpmspec.spec *
>
> The rpm was successfully created in the directory
> /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/kernel-2.6.9.34.gcov-1.i386.rpm
>
> But when I tried to install that rpm I get the following error.
>
> * error: Failed dependencies:*
>
> * scripts/kconfig/libkconfig.so is needed by
kernel-2.6.9-34.gcov-1.i386*

> If I use the --nodeps option I am able to install the rpm.
>
> *RPM Version: 4.3.3*
>
> * *
>
> Can anybody help me out in this issue?
>
> * *
>
> RPMSPECFILE
>
> ============
>
> Name: kernel

> Version: 2.6.9.34.gcov
>

> <snip>

> %install
>
> cp -r /usr/src/linux-2.6.9-34.gcov $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/src/

Here's your problem; I imagine you have a fully built kernel directory,
including the kernel configuration program used to configure the kernel.

I bet it's the program that depends on libkconfig.

You should run a 'make clean' before you try to copy the source
directory; this way, you have a clean source directory. The RPM
auto-dependency machinery then won't find any executables to examine.

-- D.