Re: Re: basic question - space in file name

I have a file named "Release Notes.txt" in a Linux (RHEL 3) environment.  The Perl module I'm using successfully creates a SPEC file with the name of the file either double quoted or escaped.

The following is an excerpt of the results in test area where the file name is escaped....

+ cd Test-1.0
+ mkdir -p /home/pflore/TestArea/rpm_buildroot/software
+ cp -fR products /home/pflore/TestArea/rpm_buildroot/software
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-static-archive
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-comment-note
Processing files: Test-1.0-1
error: Two files on one line: /software/products/Test/A\
error: File must begin with "/": definite\
error: Two files on one line: /software/products/Test/A\
error: File must begin with "/": problem.txt

RPM build errors:
    Two files on one line: /software/products/Test/A\
    File must begin with "/": definite\
    Two files on one line: /software/products/Test/A\
    File must begin with "/": problem.txt
genrpm: RPM Build return
genrpm: DIE! ERROR! No rpms found! Check "/home/pflore/TestArea/rpm_buildroot" for the correct files.
The error message is consistent whether the spaces are escaped or double quoted....

If you'd like a copy of the code reply to me seperately and I'll send you the Perl module....

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha <strange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:25:08AM -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On 10/30/06, Paul Flores wrote:
> >Double quoting doesn't work or at least I can't get it too work!
> >
> >In documentation the implication is that the expectation is that filenames
> >in a SPEC file can be space delimited allowing for more than one file to be
> >included on one line. It appears that the rpmbuild command is explicitly
> >looking for spaces which defeats both double quoting and escaping spaces.
> >

> WORKSFORME.

Doesn't work for me:

spec:
Source3: "mk dump rd"

rpmbuild:
error: line 10: Tag takes single token only: Source3: "mk dump rd"

'mk dump rd' and mk\ dump\ rd also don't work.

Note that I'm not the original poster, but I think this was the case he
was refering to.

--
lfr
0/0