Re: Installing a file according to a condition

On Oct 29, 2006, at 8:43 AM, Erez Zilber wrote:

Hi,

I want to create a binary rpm that will install certain files only if a condition is true. For example: it should copy file.h to /usr/ src/linux/include only if the kernel sources package is installed. When building the binary rpm from the src rpm I still that know if this condition will be set to true.

There is no mechanism in rpm to install a file iff condition is true.

Your choices are as follows:
	1) do what ever you want in %post to copy the file.
2) add a trigger to copy the file whenever kernel sources are changed (i.e. installed or upgraded) 3) just install the file and hope and pray that the kernel sources end-up on the same path.

73 de Jeff