RE: Replacing Vendor rpms.

to den 14.09.2006 Klokka 18:48 (-0700) skreiv Steven Hajducko:

> I should probably rewind a bit more.
>
> I was in the process of creating a some new LDAP servers to replace our
> rather ancient ones.  As an experiement ( and a learning experience ), I
> figured I'd grab the latest OpenLDAP source and try to build/package it
> for deployment through our WebJob ( http://webjob.sourceforge.net )
> servers.  But, I needed a bunch of other prereq's ( openssl, berkleydb,
> etc ).  The only reason I picked OpenSSL for my example is that it was
> the first one I've tried to build. ( For sake of discussion, the OpenSSL
> package we currently have is from RH 4.0 EL Update 3 )

Erm ... if you simply want to keep to update 3 and add the latest
OpenLDAP (2.3.27) you can save yourself a lot of work by building Buchan
Milne's srpm:
http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/buchan/openldap/SRPMS/
put http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/pub/Main/BackPorting/macros.mdk4rh
into /etc/rpm first. Get the 2.3.27 tgz file from www.openldap.org and
edit the srpm spec file to include this as Source (not the bz2 that
Mandrake's so fond of) and it will build fine and install next to Red
Hat's legacy 2.2.13. You'll have to put up with Buchan's soname and
file/man 2.3 extension tacked onto everything, though; symlinks
in /usr/bin for the 2.3 ->  plain clients work fine.

Best,

--Tonni

[...]

--