Re: Weird Error

On 9/7/06, Michael Jennings <mej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone want to take a crack at this error:

root@froggie /var/lib/rpm #> rpm -e nightwatch
rpmdb: unable to initialize mutex: Function not implemented
rpmdb: PANIC: Function not implemented
rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db4 error(-30974) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -  (-30974)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: package nightwatch is not installed

It looks like your on a system that does not support NPTL and you have
an NPTL compiled rpm.  The reason I say that is the line:

   > rpmdb: unable to initialize mutex: Function not implemented

Which is where the "futex" would be created on an NPTL system.

I am not an expert here though so I might be totally off base...james