RE: [rpm-list] rpm changing ownership of /usr

>And the package manifest is likely including /usr (which is perhaps
>unnecessary).

speaking of which, do directories installed into now have to
be owned by some package?  this seems like a recent change,
LSB has a somewhat strange testbed where a minimal base LSB
conforming system is built, but is not managed by rpm.
It is, however, used to test the installation of LSB-conforming
packages and since we uplifted to 4.4.6 those packages that
/don't/ have package-specific directories in the manifest are
getting dependency failures on those directories.  We can
easily solve this if that's the case, of course.