File conflict

Hi there,
I have rpm version 4.4.2, release 15.2. I am trying to test the installation of XFree86-devel. I have two problems:
1- When I run the test installation command shown below, the x windows crashes in the next reboot of the system. Should this happen given that the test option should not actually install any software but rather just perform a test for the installation? I think this might be a bug in the RPM itself.
2- I do not know how to solve the problem of file conflicts. --replacefiles will cause many later problems as I tried before. Any help in this regards?
Thanks,
Mohamed Rabie