Re: default rpm macros cause errors with g77

On Aug 9, 2006, at 9:16 AM, John Pye wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a package which I'm trying to build using RPM. It uses all the
standard GNU autotools so I thought I'd try using %configure macro. I
discovered that this macro includes some lines that, amongst other
things, sets:

FFLAGS='-O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32
-march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables'

This then gives an error later in the ./configure execution, including
that g77 says that "-mtune=pentium4" is an invalid option.

Basically, for the FFLAGS, RPM seems to be making some assumption about the version of g77 I have -- or maybe it's assuming I will use gfortran? What is it assuming here? What is the tidiest way to do things? Should I strive to use the %configure command, or is it OK just to write my own:

%build
./configure --prefix=/usr

Sure its okay to not use %configure if it doesn't "work" for you.

You can change %configure too. Cut-n-paste from rpm --showrc, put
in /etc/rpm/macros or ~/.rpmmacros, and do whatever you want.

Alternatively, just add whatever configure options you wish to
     ./configure --prefix=/usr
in order to build your package correctly.

This is with RPM 4.4.1 on FC4 and RPM 4.4.2 on FC5.

So report the bug against FC4/FC5 at http://bugzilla.redhat.com in order
to get the problem fixed correctly. Make sure you report bugs against both
FC4 and FC5 components.

73 de Jeff