Re: Is there any way of creating a simple install rpm with no source?

This is not too hard at all. The steps I user are:

1. create a tarball containing the binaries you want to distribute
2. take a standard (simple, straightforward) .spec file
3. remove everything from the %build section
4. remove everything from the %install section and replace it with a
series of 'install' commands that take the files from your tarball and
put them into the correct place under your %{buildroot}.

Hope that helps a bit. I don't have an example handy, unfortunately.

Cheers
JP