Change file ownership at install time

Greetings.

I must build an RPM that, depending on certain conditions, it must :

- change ownership for installed files (two possible owners)
- create a link to a configuration file (two possible files)

To be more precise, I'm packaging a web application that can be used
in 2 different company profiles, where the only changes are the
web.xml configuration file and file ownership (current scenario uses
TAR files for deployment and some manual steps; installation is done
by each one of the 2 users).

Since for rpm-validating purposes, I don't like the idea of ln, cp, mv
and chown files around, what can be done to

- files being installed by an rpm package inherit ownership from the
user running rpm and pass owner validation?
- choosing files to install depending on environment variable, user or
other external parameter?

I'm used to do MSI installation packages, and the lack of packaging
files into features or install time conditions is very troublesome ...
however the RPM database is something we can't find in other Un*x
packagers that can be used both in HPUX and Linux.

Thanks.
Best regards,
--
Luis Gois