Re: %files directive with relocation in %install

On Tuesday, 27 June 2006, at 17:05:26 (-0500),
Wesley Leggette wrote:

> Prefix: @AUTOCONF_PREFIX@
>
> Because my rpaths are set through a similar mechanism, would you
> suggest keeping Prefix: and just being thorough about always using
> --prefix=/usr when I configure and build rpms for distribution?

The Prefix: header is for relocatable packages.  It should only be
specified for relocatable paths in a package.  Chances are your
package should not be using Prefix: at all.

> Otherwise I'm afraid someone might use the default prefix
> (/usr/local) and then build rpms that install everything in prefix
> /usr.

The spec file should call %configure to run the autoconf configure
script, and that macro will provide its own --prefix value.  There is
really very little which makes sense to be auto-generated in the spec
file.  I recommend against auto-generated spec files, myself.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>