Re: rpm installation inside another rpm - database locked [wd-vc]

On Dec 22, 2005, at 3:44 PM, Rainer.Brunold@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank's for that information.

Is there only the update and query possible
or do I have a chance to install and remove rpms also in 4.1 ?

You can do all rpm commands, install/upgrade/erase/rollback, verify, signing, importing even --rebuilddb if you're that crazy.

Again, I'm just saying that nothing will stop you from attempting whatever.

I have personally done install in %post and erase in %preun, as well as importing and
erasing publoic keys.

Worked for me. YMMV.

73 de Jeff