rpm installation inside another rpm - database locked [wd-vc]

Hello,

we are preparing our company for a move from netware and windows to linux
and are starting working on builidng our own rpm packages. First we want to
put all software that will be sinatlled on the server be available as rpm
packages.

Here's the problem:

HP provides for it's Porliant server the "Proliant Support Pack for Linux"
which delivers agents for hardware monitoring of the server as well as
updated drivers, ....

The package consists of a shell script and several rpm packages.

The shell script launches a hardware detection of the server and detects
which of the rpms have to be installed. Putting all this into a single rpm
package will result in a "rpm database is locked" message during the
installation of the rpm.

Here is the part of the spec file:

%post
cd /images/plsp740
./install740.sh --silent --inputfile ./psp-7.40.sles9.response.txt --force

Is there a chance to install rpms insode another rpm ?
I was looking for a ocumentation but couldn't find anything ybout it.

The rpm version is 4.1.1

Thanks for your help.

Rainer

Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht, noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossenen
Anhaenge zu loeschen.